Thursday, June 26, 2014

Tea Time!

As I sat and sipped my tea this morning, wondering what to write, I realized that I have been neglecting the tea in my teaching!  So of course, I decided that I would remedy that right away!  If you love tea, and haven't discovered Tea Time magazine yet, let me introduce you!  One of my best friends in the world surprised me with a subscription to Tea Time earlier this year.  (He just happens to be the same friend who bought me the sparkly pink stapler and the high-heeled shoe tape dispenser - he knows me well...)

Tea Time is full of recipes, tearooms, beautiful table settings, tea selections, and lots of tea-type advertisements.  But of course it's the recipes that interest me the most.  I've tried several and all have been blog worthy so far.  My favorite was the poppy seed scones with lime curd.  Amazing and simple!  That particular recipe isn't on their website, but the site does have many different recipes and ideas without needing a subscription.  Just click anywhere in this blog that says Tea Time and it should take you to their site.

The nice thing about the magazine is that it also can be purchased as an app so you can have the tips and recipes at your fingertips and not have to worry about storing the magazines or not having them when or where you need them.  Unfortunately, they didn't make the app subscription transferable.  Since I already have the actual magazine subscription, it would be nice if I could just type my number into the app and also have the magazines on my tablet, but instead, I'd have to buy a whole new subscription.  Bummer.  But in reviewing the app, it seems to be exactly like the actual magazine. You can get the digital versions here.

Finally, they have some nice extras on their site.  If you'd like to, you can grab free printable bookmarks for your next tea party or book club, here.

So go put some tea in your teaching!  Tea - like sparkles - makes everything better!  And don't forget to follow me by email!


No comments:

Post a Comment