Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mission: Organization

So I went to my classroom yesterday to do some organizing.  Understand that I drive my husband nuts by putting my pantry in alphabetical order by category, and my classroom is even worse!  He says I have CDO because I can't stand to have the letters OCD out of order.  He may be right.  But order makes me happy.  So moving into a new room was an exciting opportunity to organize!  Yes, I may be a little crazy.  Anyway, I put a lot of thought into how I wanted my cupboards organized to make it easy to find what I was looking for and easy to get to everything.  I'm not a fan of deep cupboards.  They hide too much.  And these are kind of deep.  But I had some clear, 6 quart Sterilite bins from previously organizing the little books that came with our old reading series, so I decided to recycle and reuse!  I didn't have quite enough, so I made a trip to the local dollar store and purchased very similar ones for $1 each.  You know the ones, clear with the white lid.
I unboxed all of my supplies I was moving into the room and tried to decide how to best sort them.  I tried to keep crafting supplies together, office supplies together, etc.  Then I labeled the containers with cute little labels I found at Michael's.  Finally, I labeled all of the cupboard doors on the outside with other adorable labels I found on eBay.  You'll notice the storage boxes up top, as well.  They are old paper boxes from the office.  I only covered the fronts of the boxes, since the backs and sides aren't seen, to save time and wrapping paper.  They store my larger items and are labeled so I can grab them when I need them.  Some still need labels, but we haven't found our laminating machine since the move, so I'll have to wait to finish those up.

Cute labels from eBay.

See the paper boxes up top?


No comments:

Post a Comment