Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Room Inspirations

Sorry this post is so late, but I had SO much fun today helping 2 of my colleagues find new color schemes for their rooms!  Honestly, it was the most fun I've had in ages!  One of my friends knew she wanted to use teal or aqua, but that was all she was sure of!  My other friend knew she wanted to use Dr. Seuss in her Learning Support classroom.  Knowing these two things, we headed to Hobby Lobby.  My favorite place to go for inspiration!

For the teal/aqua room, we had many options to choose from; from bright hot pinks and teal, to owl themes, to calming tones of grey, yellow, and aqua.  We finally decided to use the calming combination of grey, aqua. and yellow.  We picked out material for curtains and crate seats, as well as ribbon.  Then I came home and searched through my new catalogs until I found matching alphabet letters and bulletin board borders.  I LOVE the results.
 Fabric and ribbon from Hobby Lobby.

 Border and Letters from Teacher Created Resources.

For the Dr. Seuss room, I knew we had to use red and white, so I was texting pictures back and forth to my friend to get her opinion on fabrics.  She went rather bold and picked this floral, polka dot, and chevron combination.  I think it will work well with the Dr. Seuss borders and bulletin board sets we already had for her room plus I found an adorable double-sided border for her that combined the red and white polka dots and the teal and red chevron.

 Fabric from Hobby Lobby and bulletin board set we already had.
Border from Teacher Created Resources


As we work on the rooms, I'll continue to post pictures.  So what do you think?  What inspires you?  Do you have a favorite character or color that could get your decorating juices flowing?  Let me know your thoughts.

PS  I am not affiliated with any of these companies.  They have no clue I'm mentioning them in this post.  I get NO money or other benefits from this post.  I just liked the items and thought I'd share!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I'm into the whole owl theme. I found a lot of great items from TpT. I bet you could find things for both classrooms on that site. Aldo, Mrs. Chalkbox has Dr. Seuss items. --Kim Petrarca

    ReplyDelete