Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ActivTips on Promethean Planet

I have a Promethean board in my room and I use flipcharts everyday, for just about every lesson I teach.  Of course, I have been fortunate enough to have received multiple trainings on ActivInspire through my school district.  Even so, much of what I have learned has been self-taught using a lot of the tricks I'll mention below.  So if you'd like to make your own flipcharts, or make your flipcharts even better, this post can help.

If you have a Promethean board in your room, you probably already created a free account at PrometheanPlanet.com to download flipcharts that have already been created for a subject you're planning on teaching.  But have you REALLY checked out this site?

Under the Professional Development tab on their website, you can find SO many useful resources.  There are manuals, free webinars, and tons of tips and tricks.

A favorite of mine is the ActivTips.  This is located under the Videos, Manuals, and More drop down menu for Professionl Development.  Avtivtips are short videos that you can watch at your leisure to help you develop your flipcharts.  From here, you can type any subject into the search box and find an ActivTip.  Want to embed a video in your flipchart?  There's an Activtip for that.  ActivTip #28 is less than 4 minutes long and can teach you how!  Want to learn about creating your own containers?  There are actually 6 Activtips for that.  And don't worry, if you're a beginner with ActivInspire, there are videos for you too - from starting your first flipchart, to changing the background.  Just type in a key word and watch away!

Oh, and ActivTips are also available for free through iTunes!  I have a bunch of these podcasts downloaded to my iPad for when I'm stuck waiting somewhere and have a little bit of time to catch up on some of the latest tips.

If watching these videos still doesn't help, feel free to contact me with ActivInspire questions and I'll do my best to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment