Monday, August 8, 2016

Ribbon Love

Here's a little sneak peak into this year's classroom update - my bulletin boards - at least so far.  Notice my new love - ribbon border!  I don't have to laminate it, it's easy to hang, versatile, and easy to store.  I used wired ribbon and gave it a 3-D effect by pushing it together before stapling.  I also skipped the background paper this year since the color of the boards actually matched my theme!  Easy!


This is my Accelerated Reader board to keep track of the points the students earn for reading books and taking AR tests.  AR Stars - get it?  This ribbon was from Michaels.  It has lace on top of the burlap, but is kind of hard to see.    The AR banner was made using left-over pennants from my alphabet mentioned below.  I made the incentive charts to match my theme and put the template in my TPT store - for FREE!  There are also matching name tag templates.  Just print on card stock!  So click here for the link.

Star Student for the student of the week.  I do this instead of having classroom jobs.  My Star Student will do every job for the week and have a personalized bulletin board display as well.  It's easier for me to keep track of than multiple jobs!  This ribbon is from the Dollar Store!  Yep - $1 a roll.  Needed 3 rolls for a 4 foot by 4 foot board.  The frame was from the thrift store, painted ocean blue and I made the pennant with left over scraps of burlap.  I used Elmer's Glue on the edges to keep it from fraying and cut the letters out using our Ellison machine at school with a font called Lolliopop and scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby.  Then I just glued them onto the pennants and strung some burlap through the tops.


My calendar board.  Sorry the days aren't up, I just now finished cutting them out!  And of course, some of them need re-laminated because they peeled as soon as I cut them out.  Don't you hate it when that happens?  The M's are from Michaels on HUGE sale and the frame was another one from the thrift store.  Ribbon border is from the scrapbook section of Michaels.  The flowers, butterflies, and pennant banner up above are from Hobby Lobby.  The alphabet was done with the Ellison machine again.


Finally, I always need a place to keep important notes and personal pictures, so I used command hooks to hang some extra netting on the wall above my phone and attached some mini clothespins I found for $1 at Michaels.  The M is also from Michaels.  The gold garland was a leftover from my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, but I originally bought it at Hobby Lobby at Christmas time.

I hope these help to inspire you while you're getting ready for back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment