Monday, August 1, 2016

The-Month-That-Must-Not-Be-Named

Today is the first day of The-Month-That-Must-Not-Be-Named.  There are many myths and many truths to this final month of summer.  Let's take a minute to look at some of them.

Said no teacher ever!  Fact.  We all do it.  All year.

 Yep.  Goes right along with the one above it.  And now you know what's coming...

Because who needs to get ready for the kids who are coming tomorrow?

And admin thought 4 hours was being generous.

Enough said.

"Can't sleep.  Clowns will eat me."
Okay, it's not that bad, but truthfully, every year I have at least 1 back to school nightmare.  Sometimes I lose kids at recess, or I forget to send my class to lunch, or I don't hear the dismissal bell and I have students in my classroom overnight, or I swear at a school board member's child.  It's not officially back to school until I have "the dream."

Again - the dream.

Yes, the days of shorts and flip-flops are coming to an end, and none of us - kids or teachers - want to say goodbye.

We all have them.  Those friends and family members who think it's SO FUNNY to remind you that you have to go back to work.

I'm not sure about this one.  My own childhood was filled with mixed emotions.  I loved school, couldn't wait to see my friends, but hated to see summer come to an end.  I'm pretty sure my own child feels the same way and so do many others.  But the parents...

Okay, I'm sure a lot of parents feel this way, but I know other parents who have a hard time saying goodbye to summer and letting their children start school.  True, most of the parents I'm talking about are teachers who hate to leave their own children and go back to work, but still...

So true!  We spend all summer praying that our class list isn't as bad as we heard it would be.

And finally...
The greatest myth of all...  But there's always wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment